Foochow Methodist Church had its humble beginnings in mid-December 1897
and is the second oldest Church in the Chinese Annual Conference of the Methodist Church in Singapore. Early Christian migrants from Foochow, China, founded the church.
In 1936, a residential property at 90 Race Course Road was purchased and converted to give the Church her first physical home.
Since then, Foochow Methodist Church has continued to grow and the Church has undergone various stages of expansion and reconstruction to what it is today.
Today, Foochow Methodist Church has a membership of more than 1100. Every Sunday, besides the Foochow Worship Service, there are three worship services in English, one in Mandarin and another in Tamil.