COME JOIN OUR SERVICE
Friends of Jesus Seminar 3
The Tamil Ministry in Foochow Methodist Church was started in Aug 1995 as an outreach (mission) amongst the Foreign Tamil migrant friends and local Tamilians in the surrounding areas of the church. Later, this mission was extended to the migrant friends work sites and dormitories. Through the support and prayers of the church members and the encouragement of Rev Ding Bing Hoe and Rev Gideon Choy the ministry with the blessing of our Lord Jesus Christ, gradually grew in number. Pastor David Moses was the pioneering minister for this ministry. (1995 ~ 2006)
our Worship Service
Come join our service
- Worship Service Timings: 7.00pm Every Sunday
- Venue: FMC Ground Floor
- By loving them compassionately!
- By giving them systematic and relevant pulpit!
- By providing them family atmosphere at FMC.
- By caring them physically and emotionally.
- By motivating them to be a living testimony at their work place.
- By equipping them to be a disciple making disciples.
- By nurturing them for life long spiritual/life journey.
Most of these people will return to India in two to four years’ time when they return to their own family, village, and community we will send them with Christ! Our aim is to evangelize and disciple the Tamil foreign migrant workers from India. The location of FMC is an advantage for this ministry every Sunday thousands of these friends from India gather around FMC. Our prayer is that the honey (THE WORD) will attract these people into the church.
Aldersgate SG 2021
It is recorded in the Synoptic Gospels that the two greatest commandments are to love the Lord our God with all our heart and mind and soul and strength, and to love our neighbour as ourselves. Therefore, anyone who loves God is also called to love their brothers and sisters in Christ. Learn how we can Love God by Loving our Neighbour.
What is ALDERSGATE SG about?Aldersgate SG is the annual keynote event of The Methodist Church in Singapore to celebrate our Wesleyan heritage and sets our hearts on fire with renewed vigour to serve God through social action, evangelism and discipleship wherever we are.
உங்களது ஜெப விண்ணப்பங்களை இந்த படிவத்தின் மூலமாக அனுப்புங்கள்.
நீங்கள் ஒன்றுக்குங் கவலைப்படாமல், எல்லாவற்றையுங்குறித்து உங்கள் விண்ணப்பங்களை ஸ்தோத்திரத்தோடே கூடிய ஜெபத்தினாலும் வேண்டுதலினாலும் தேவனுக்குத் தெரியப்படுத்துங்கள். (பிலிப்பியர் 4:6)
Updates on Covid-19
- Each Service shall not exceed 50 members.
- Registration for yourself or for the members of your Household will be up to five persons (including children and care-givers).
- Maintain a distance of at least one metre between seats.
- All remain masked.
- Congregational singing will be suspended in religious organisations to manage risk of COVID-19 spread.
- TraceTogether (TT) App using Handphone
- Please install the TraceTogether app. While in the church premises, you are to turn on your bluetooth for the Tracetogether App to trace whom you have been closely contacted with.
- Using TraceTogether (TT) Token
- With effect from 17 May 2021, scanning of QR Codes with a mobile phone camera or the Singpass app is discontinued. You can only use the TraceTogether app or token for SafeEntry check-in. Please try to collect TraceTogether token as soon as you can. E.g. For your children and elderly. Details on collection of TraceTogether Token: https://token.gowhere.gov.sg
- Leave the church premises immediately.
- Avoid mingling and conversation in the church.
Following the measures introduced on 8 May 2021, “Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)” will take effect from Sunday 16 May 2021 through Sunday 13 June 2021 in the fight against COVID-19
In compliance with the new measures under “Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)”, on-site worship services will be suspended from 16 May 2021, till further notice.
In compliance with the safe management measures under Covid-19 from May 8 to 30 2021:
- Pre-event testing will be required if there are more than 100 worshippers at any one time, capped a 250 worshippers per service.
- Registration for yourself or for the members of your Household will be reduced from group of eight people to five people (including children and care-givers).
- As an additional measure, congregational singing will be suspended in religious organisations to manage risk of COVID-19 spread.
At all onsite services, safe management measures will be observed in line with government advisories. We seek your support by following all instructions and directions of our staff on duty.
TraceTogether-only Safe Entry (TT-only SE) brought forward to 17 May 2021
It was previously announced that TT-only SE was slated to be implemented from 1 June 2021 across all venues that experience a higher throughput of visitors and/or where persons are likely to be in close proximity for prolonged periods. The implementation of TT-only SE will now be brought forward to 17 May 2021. From 17 May 2021, scanning of SE-QR codes with the phone camera and Singpass App will be discontinued. To ease the transition, ID check-ins will be retained until 31 May 2021.