Updates on Covid-19
In response to the latest announcement on Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), MCCY has issued a press statement.
Church leadership would like to inform all members:
Effective from 29 August 2021,
a) On-site worship services will commence as below.
|English||4:00pm (1st and 3rd Sunday)||50pax||Unvaccinated|
|Mandarin / Foochow||2:00pm (Only Holy Communion Sunday)||50pax||Unvaccinated|
* Services are required to be separated into zones of 50pax each.
b) The services for fully vaccinated will be open to members or worshippers who are fully vaccinated.
c) An individual is considered fully-vaccinated two weeks after he or she has received both doses of Covid-19 vaccines, recovered from Covid-19 or has obtained a negative result on a pre-event test taken in the past 24 hours.
d) Members will need to declare vaccination status upon registration and are required to show proof of vaccination before entry into services. Proof of vaccination includes, showing hard-copy vaccination card, vaccination status on TraceTogether app, scanning of token on SafeEntry app which shows acceptable status.
e) Non-congregational religious activities will resume gradually, with safety measures in place.
f) We ask all church members to regard the government’s call to be vaccinated.
What to expect upon entry from 29 August 2021?
- You will be expected to show proof of vaccination status to the workers at entrance.
- Show vaccination status on TraceTogether app.
- Scan TT app or token on available mobile device
The volunteers at the zone entrances will need to decline entry to anyone who is not vaccinated or has no negative Covid test result.
- Show hard copy/soft copy of vaccination card, with visible identification.
Submit Your Vaccination Status
Pastoral Letters by Rev Poh Heow Lee, Pastor-in-Charge (Aug 2021)
- Loving Our Family – No One Left Behind
We desire salvation for our unsaved Family members.Yes, for many of us it is a challenge. Send us your testimonies. https://tinyurl.com/pegmytestimony
Bishop’s Letter: Rev Dr Gordon Wong on COVID Vaccination Program
About TraceTogether (TT)
TraceTogether-only Safe Entry (TT-only SE) brought forward to 17 May 2021
Please take note that it was previously announced that TT-only SE was slated to be implemented from 1 June 2021 across all venues that experience a higher throughput of visitors and/or where persons are likely to be in close proximity for prolonged periods. The implementation of TT-only SE will now be brought forward to 17 May 2021. From 17 May 2021, scanning of SE-QR codes with the phone camera and Singpass App will be discontinued. To ease the transition, ID check-ins will be retained until 31 May 2021.
- The SafeEntry Gateway (SEGW) is a new check-in method that allows individuals to check in more quickly and seamlessly. It can also be used to check if the TraceTogether (TT) Token is working as intended.
- The user checks in by bringing the TraceTogether (TT) Token or App close to the SEGW (in the range of 1-25cm).
- Besides the SEGW check-in Box, SEGW Check-Out Boxes are rolled out to help improve our contact tracing efforts.
- Please note that SEGW does not work with the Singpass app; it only detects the TT Token or App.