Renew Your Passion for Prayer: The Wesley Prayer Challenge
- Course : “The Wesley Prayer Challenge”
- Time : 8 pm – 9.30 pm
- Meeting via ZOOM.
- Facilitator : Rev Poh
- Introduction : Mon 28 June 2021 (30 min)
- Session 1 Thurs 8 July 2021: Surrender and Suffering
- Session 2 Thurs 15 July 2021: Honour and Humility
- Session 3 Thurs 22 July 2021 : Community and Commitment
- Wrap up : Wed 28 July 2021
21 Daily Readings
- Mon 28 June – Fri 2 July 2021
- Mon 5 July – Fri 9 July 2021
- Mon 12 July – Fri 16 July 2021
- Mon 19 July – Fri 23 July 2021
- Mon 26 July 2021
- 21 Daily readings and reflection.
- Order / Purchase of Participant’s book USD 17 (Kindle / Paperback)
- 9 – 30 May 2021
The Wesley Covenant Prayer
“I am no longer my own, but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed by thee or laid aside for thee,
exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
thou art mine, and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.”
“The Wesley Covenant Prayer has been used in Methodist services around the world on the first Sunday of the year since John Wesley introduced it in 1755. Wesley expected that people would pray this prayer as a way of remembering, renewing, and surrendering themselves in complete trust to God. When we pray it, we are to remember what living like Jesus looks like and what loving God with all our heart, soul, and mind and loving our neighbour as ourselves requires of us.”